Sunday, April 22, 2007

...but honestly, how often do you get to see Hillary Clinton

On a political party scale of 1 being very conservative and 10 being very liberal, I am probably like a 6. In the past I was really really conservative, but the liberal majority at Luther has sucked me over to the dark side. LOL.

I must say that Hillary Clinton isn't one of the people that I would ever vote for, but my unhealthy obsession with politics led me to really want to go hear her this morning. I was really curious as to what she would talk about.

I assumed ethanol since she is in Iowa. It also made sense that she would discuss education. I thought for the most part the things she said were pretty straight forward and made since. But one of the people that I went with raised a valid point that I had not really considered, not just for Hillary, but for all people running for office positions of any kind. So often in our society today we acknowledge the problems but do not really offer any solutions. Now I realize that offering solutions does mean that if things do not go the way that is expected a candidate will have to eat his/her words. I think that is one thing that we are really lacking today in society as a whole. So many people have the ability to make long extended lists of what we are doing wrong, but no one wants to pick up the bag of mess and try to fix it.

This is not supposed to be a rant, but I just really found myself thinking about this after the speech. Not just for her, but people in general. I find myself guilty of this as well. A point needs to be made when people offer constructive changes and not just list the problems, not just in ourselves, but our towns, states, nation, and world.

No comments: