Tuesday, April 10, 2007

ZZZZZZZZZZzzz's

I am trying to make my complete lifestyle a more healthful one. Therefore, I decided that this week I would focus on something in the physical domain. Someone in my group last week focused on trying to get 8 hours of sleep every night. Because I often have a hard time sleeping and battle fatigue virtually every day, I knew this would be right for me.

My objectives in doing this particular activity was to change my lifestyle and attitude. I knew that if I let my body get into the habit of sleeping 8 good hours, then I would begin to get used to it and continue to do it. I also know how crummy of a mood I am often in when I do not get enough sleep. I was hoping that this would help me to be a more upbeat and happy person.

My methods for doing this were to go to sleep at a time that would allow me to get 8 hours of sleep every night. If I did not have all of my homework done, I would just go go to bed anyway. My method was a way that was really proactive and making myself do something even when some days I wanted to just go ahead and stay up to finish work.

I really learned this week that sleep really is a great way to get my "ducks in a row". I was sleeping better and I was able to get more of my work done during the day. I was also a happier person during the day as well. I was able to get up earlier on the weekend than I normally would. Instead of sleeping until 10 or 11, I was able to get up by 8:30 or 9 every morning because I was so rested and just didn't need anymore sleep.

One thing that was important within Chapter 11 was the idea of cooperative learning. One thing that began to happen was that my roommate started to go to bed when I would as well. All of the things that I experienced she did as well. This made for a really great room to be in because we were just both in such a better mood.

I do not know if I will always be able to get the 8hrs of sleep I need, but I will continue to try.

No comments: